- Rugged construction - heavy gauge steel case withstands rough field handling
- Dual continuous control - continuous adjustment of voltage and current
- High duty cycle welding output - 100% duty cycle at 400 amps and 60% duty cycle at 500 amps for demanding applications.
- Heavy duty industrial diesel engine - Deutz 4-cylinder, water-cooled industrial turbo-charged diesel engine
- Designed for the Off-Shore Salt Spray Environment (Severe Duty Model)
Stick, TIG, Flux-Cored (With CV Adapter), Gouging
SUPERIOR CHOICE FOR CRITICAL WELDS
The SAE-500 / SAE-500 Severe Duty is the preferred choice for its great arc performance, design simplicity, reliability and ruggedness! Designed especially for pipeline welding and field construction.
The Diesel Workhorse
For demanding jobs that call for high amperage capabilities, the SAE-500 offers 500 amps for DC stick welding and 3,000 watts of AC power. The SAE-500 is powered by a heavy duty Deutz® diesel engine, which offers low maintenance and long life for hassle-free operation. Add CV wire welding
with the optional CV adapter.
Heavy gauge steel case withstands rough field handling.
Dual Continuous Control
Continuous adjustment of voltage and current. Select either a soft “buttery” arc or snappy “digging” arc for fast, high quality welding.
High Duty Cycle Welding Output
100% duty cycle at 400 amps and 60% duty cycle at 500 amps for demanding applications.
Heavy Duty Industrial Engine
Deutz 4-cylinder, water-cooled industrial turbo-charged diesel engine offers low maintenance and increased power with 64 HP EPA Tier 4 compliance.
Designed for the Off-Shore Salt Spray Environment
- Stainless steel and hot-dip galvanized case & internal sheet metal parts
- Stainless steel brusholder assemblies
- All copper coils
- Coated radiator, laminations and wire connections
- Sealed switches
- Spark arrestor and engine air intake shutdown device, as per mineral management services code, are standard