Frontier® 400X Pipe (Kubota®)
Dedicated Pipe Mode Designed and tested specifically for cellulosic root downhill pipe welding - the Pipe Mode produces the iconic, smooth DC Generator arc that has been loved by the cross-country pipe industry.
|Kubota D1503 Engine Specifications|
|Make / Model||Description|
|Kubota® D1503-M EPA Tier 4 Final Compliant (K3484-2, K3485-2)||Cylinder, 24.8 HP (18.5kW) Water Cooled Diesel Engine|
Fuel: 20 US gal. (75.7L)
|91.0 cu in. (1.5L)
Bore / Stroke
3.27'' x 3.64''
83mm x 92.4mm
• Optimize to produce a smooth DC-style arc
• Designed and field-tested by pipeline welders
• DigFX™ Technology allows users to dial in the arc for ideal puddle control
• Consistent arc performance from root-to-cap
• Dynamic shorting response allows machine to automatically adjust output to overcome shorts from pipe variability for more puddle control and less spatter
• Only available on the Frontier 400X Pipe Model
Excellent pipeline-focused welder/generator capable of up to 400 amps of DC multi-process welding, 120/240 VAC single phase, and 240 VAC three phase auxiliary power. Integrates a bright, durable 7" digital user interface screen for advanced features. Powered by a 24.8 hp Kubota® D1503-M diesel engine and includes patented Chopper Technology® and CrossLinc® Technology.
The Frontier® 400X Pipe is an advanced engine-driven welder/generator offering best-in-class arc performance, coupled with the latest welding innovation for maximum versatility on the jobsite. The machine’s multi-process capability provides optimized CC and CV modes, plus specialized modes to support mechanized equipment and advanced GMAW applications including STT® and pulse welding. Included only in the Frontier 400X Pipe is a new, specialized Pipe mode made to produce the classic DC-style arc for downhill pipe applications.
The machine features an industry-first, next-gen display with enhanced operator-focused features, such as save and recall weld parameter memories, maintenance reminders, and optional PIN user authorization. Additional features include Auto-Stop/Start technology to help reduce engine idling, save on fuel costs, and avoid excessive wear on the engine, along with CrossLinc® Technology, which allows the adjustment of machine output at the arc to promote productivity, site safety, and overall weld quality. Experience the latest in welding innovation!
- Full Job-Site Versatility – Offers up to 400 amps (IEC rated at 325 amps) of welding current to tackle numerous welding and carbon arc gouging applications. Features optimized CC and CV modes, specialized modes to support mechanized and pulse welding, and a dedicated Pipe mode with DigFX™ technology to produce the iconic, smooth DC-style arc for downhill pipe welding.
- All Day Auxiliary Power – Provides up to 11 kW of continuous three-phase power to run industrial tools such as plasma cutters, pumps, or inverter welders.
- Next-Gen Display – Bright, durable 7 in. digital user interface for unmatched machine control - Save and recall memories, receive maintenance reminders, and enable PIN authorization.
- CrossLinc® Enabled – Allows communication through a standard weld cable to enable voltage or current control at the arc without a control cable to help improve safety, quality, and productivity with less trips to the power source and reduced jobsite clutter. Built-in True Voltage Technology™ (TVT) compensates for voltage drop to further improve operations.
- Run Longer and More Efficient – Weld longer with a class-leading 20 US gal. (75.7 L) fuel tank and integrated Auto-Stop/Start feature, designed to prevent excessive idling to help save on fuel costs, avoid unnecessary engine wear, and extend time between required maintenance.
- Field-Proven Diesel Engine – Powered by a 24.7 hp, turbocharged Perkins® diesel engine to provide extremely smooth and quiet operation with excellent cold-weather starting and high altitude performance while meeting EPA Tier 4 Final compliance.
- Trusted Reliability – Engineered tough to withstand harsh conditions and backed by trusted industry support and 3-year warranty.
New Benchmark in Performance
Optimized Arc Performance & Versatility
When you see Lincoln Electric on the side of an engine drive, you know you are getting the best arc performance on the market. Now we’ve taken that to the next step in the Frontier 400X, optimizing our weld modes to deliver smooth, stable arc performance specifically tailored for your application.
Embedded Weld Modes Optimized for:
• Touch-Start TIG
• Scratch-Start TIG
• Pulsed TIG
• Carbon Arc Gouging
Save and recall up to 4 preset memories at the push of a button.
Easily see machine and component statuses and receive reminders to perform maintenance along with a recommended parts list.
Add a PIN lockout to prevent unauthorized machine use on crowded jobsites with multiple shifts.